Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Back after a long time off
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Real Wheels: There Goes a Train! Topic Next Topic: B&M Colors?????  

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - September 18 2014 :  12:30:39 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
So I'm back after a LONG time off. My goal this winter is to get the man cave fully operational and ready for the BIG yard sale to get rid of an amazing amount of stuff - none of it trains.

If I owe anyone anything, please PM me so I can tie up loose ends.

Had to build a 6 foot fence to keep in my now 3 year old who doesn't seem to have an off switch. Most train inventory built back up after the burglary two years ago. Have all my DCC equipment back plus I've added more. Also had someone vandalizing my property so I've had to put in cameras, security systems, plus I have to fix all the vandalism. More when the court cases are over. Thankfully no train loss this time. Burglary two years ago and the vandalism are two separate things.

This winter I plan on photographing ALL inventory and cataloging it.

I need to get track design software and start building the train room. My boy LOVES trains - we live one block from the point on earth over which the most coal passes every day, so we visit trains and wave a LOT. The engineers will actually lean out of the windows when they go over the BIG bridge - he goes crazy.

I want to have three working DCC consists up and running fully by my 47th birthday in May 2015, and the back 3 rooms gutted and having framework up.

I have replaced the Rock Island set from Christmas 1977 so I need to get that converted to DCC. I am willing to pay a pro for that one.

So - quite a list. Good to be back.

Starting my Tyco and other favorites collection over again after 37 years.
My still in progress list of inventory and wantlist: tyconut.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 18 2014 :  12:52:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Glad to have you back...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 18 2014 :  1:27:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
aww yard/garage sales is where I find my trains
would like to know what you got at the yard sale tho

welcome back too

Edited by - microbusss on September 18 2014 1:28:09 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - September 18 2014 :  3:50:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Welcome back Tyco Nut!
Sounds like you have quite a to-do list!

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - September 18 2014 :  4:14:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Welcome back once more! I use SCARM track planner system. It's free and easy to use.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 18 2014 :  4:49:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh yeah forgot about that burglery
I still has a huge box of extra trains if your interested
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - September 18 2014 :  6:39:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Welcome back, Tyco Nut. Looking forward to seeing what you'll post.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on September 18 2014 6:40:06 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 19 2014 :  07:02:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Well nice to hear from you again. Good luck with your trains, and I hope you son enjoys them.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 19 2014 :  09:07:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Always good to hear another model train engineer is "back under power". sometimes you gotta take time off to take care of important issues in life. Glad things are getting under control and back to normal so you can rejoin us other "tyco nuts" here. Welcome back....

Jerry in VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - September 20 2014 :  07:20:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Welcome back!! - Hate you lost your train collection in burglary and dealing with vandalism - I don't fire warning shots - too expensive now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Real Wheels: There Goes a Train! Topic Next Topic: B&M Colors?????  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000